Sunday, August 27, 2017

August bank holiday 2017...then suddenly it is Monday!

Saturday 26th August 2017. August bank holiday is in full swing. People everywhere. The last bash at summer before real life sets back in for the autumn. Leeds festival this week end. like I say people everywhere! buying enough food for armageddon and the excuse to be overbearingly rude, arrogant and drunk.
Very excitable . Kids screaming, coaches full of tourists, fishermen. radios, yelling, drinking, neighbours all out in the gardens drinking and yelling over the barbeque and load music. The last bash of summer.
Shorts tattoos and orange flesh all out to greet the sun. Everyone seems to have tattooed arms and legs.....every where I look there are tattoos.....
 Sunday 27/8/2017. up and out to photograph the sun rise...The old guy who sits by the boat club was already out as were the fishermen and dog walkers. It is early yet...but coach loads are expected.
 The ice cream van was setting up as I headed home. I am at work....I expect the customers will be excitable and in a rush as they were yesterday......where the hell have they got to go that needs to be in such a stressed rush!?

No Idea!. But I can tell you this...all my years in retail I have never been yelled at by five people all at once before.
Still it will be over soon. Looks good though does it not!? people will be along to ruin it all sadly.
Soon it will be September and all the ratty musical tree huggers will have gone back to their teaching posts and stop patronising us locals, and the screaming kids will be back at school giving some one else a head ache with their melt downs. yep life will return to beauty and calm come the Autumn, which is just a matter of hours away now.
The sun is actually out, though I am confident that it will rain....as it is after all August bank holiday the last ditch chance to be a "cool " and show the world the foreign tan and pretend this is how life really is..... for another few hours. then suddenly it is all over. Summer is gone. work has to be faced and Christmas decorations go up in retail!

Monday 28/8/2017.

Just adding these Monday bank holiday pictures......

 i was out just after 5am. The same Pyjamas and flip flops as usual and a different Bratz doll. The fishermen were all still in their igloo tents and I only saw one runner with her dog.


 The dog was far more interested in trying to sniff at the funny old lady holding a Bratz doll than he was on the run.....a grey hound. I expect when he got going he really gave her a run for her money.
 Monday bank holiday of the August ending of Summer. very very different light to yesterday...and still very quiet. It is early yet.....
 This is one of the Bratz dolls I was given for my birthday. I bought them for myself from a local charity shop!
 The sun was not yet up.....the ducks and swans were.
 I contemplated going as far as the old grave yard as I would not get to go today with Monza dog as I have to work...Monday is now my day. So bank holiday or not I work!
 I headed home as it was still quiet and dark. I thought I will go home before every one starts to arrive.
 Lee and Monza were still asleep. I made tea........
Then some more tea.

I then started to relook at some reaserch I started about five years ago...maybe even longer i can not remember.....I keep coming across other "clues" when looking at other things and am drawn back to it. It is a family that emigrated to America in 1600s. They became Quakers and left for the new world. Parts of my family were Quaker too, even in the same meeting houses but at a later time in history. There is Bland's Cliffe in Scarborough which was named after a Quaker merchant who built the road down to the beach, for horses to transport goods. The same family also built the cliffe lift just by there. It is now an art gallery completely covered in murals by local artists. I was looking at Quakers history in Scarborough and there again was the family who emigrated to America.....it seems from meeting notes at the time that this family was chosen to go to America by a decision from the whole group. I had wondered how they managed to afford this, and now I see how it came about. I know this family were destitute as they  had been evicted from the castle they lived in by Scarborough. The lady and her daughter had been left homeless and destitute after the death of her husband of TB. From the notes of meeting I can gleen that they were looked after by the Quakers and a marriage was arranged for the lady. I have yet to find where they lived before the Emigration...as The Quaker  lady married was a chemist......I still wonder weather he helped look after the dying man and was perhaps a friend who was entrusted to look after his wife after his death. He died of TB. this takes time...so he had time to make plans. Just me and my thoughts this morning.
So off to meet the public on this Monday bank holiday.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

where did you find the quaker notes.... I would love to read them too.....

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...