Friday, August 4, 2017

a raggy doll.

A raggy doll called Friday. I made her from rescued fabric. a cotton fabric ripped off some chairs found on a storeroom clearance with our old Rusty van.


Her pet rabbit is from a Gingermelon pattern bought on Etsy. Friday has been aged stained and baked in the oven, as all Primitive folk art dollies are....

A painted face using acrylic paint and a waterproof drawing pen.....
And hair ! left overs from others knitting projects....donated to me for just this reason..(and knitting Barbie clothes)


 Stained aged and baked. I used coffee on this occasion. Just coffee. Sometimes I mix up cloves and termeric as well...

Her dress is made from a t shirt I bought in the 99p shop...There is a huge pile of kids clothes stacked high with stuff for 25p.....on Yorkshire day everything was half price too.......

I have another two raggy dolls sewn up and stuffed. One "long wall hanger" and another this shape....

We have just been paid today. It is Friday at last and yes I have checked my online payslip.

Modern technobable is a wonderful thing. So having established that I had been paid I then very wickedly ordered some patterns from Chestnut Junction . It was only £3. odd  but I did not tell Lee.....
We went to supermarket and spent about £40.00 so Lee was already upset...another £3.00 might have tipped him over the edge.
I made up and stained one more doll body with painted pink striped legs and then started on the new patterns. I just love instant downloads.



It is August after all. Must start on Christmas and Halloween. 



An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...