Tuesday, August 22, 2017

On the rocks

Armscliffe crag. North Rigton. between Leeds and Harrogate in North Yorkshire. It is a Millstone grit outcrop of rocks in the middle of no where . Very popular with rock climbers and campers.


So we walked Monza dog first in the old grave yard, as I knew that there would very likely be either sheep or people at Almscliffe and Monza does not respond well to either.
So we all set off in The Fonz car and headed out through Huby, in the mist and muggy day. The views were slightly obscured by mist...but good anyway.
I decided "hang it" and pox to the weather. It would inevitably rain at some stage so I wore flip flops and my white skirts.....and yes I did climb up to these rocks in flip flops. When I was a kid it would have been bare feet...so I have improved a little with age.


 As it rained most of the night I was careful of muddy puddles. I also managed not to fall into the cow pats in the field up to the rocks.
Monza and Lee stayed in the car. I could hear people up by the rocks as soon as I got out of the car, so I went up to the path on my own with just a camera.
I climbed all the way and at the top I could see two teenagers camping. How did I know they were teenagers? well they were climbing the rocks in socks. No trainers.....just socks. And I do mean just socks.

 So I passed them. " hello" I said and kept walking around the rocks. I passed them on the way back as well, but kept quiet the second time.
IT was just as well Monza was in the car, I do not even want to think about what would have happened had he encountered the two in socks.....

So I took loads of pictures of the rocks and the views even though it was misty   and the sky really did have a pink tinge.....

 



 
 Once back down as far as the Fonz car, an estate car parked behind us stuffed with two more guys with camping gear....and as we set off on the route to Otley there was a group of old people with rambling sticks and backpacks heading to the rocks as well.
 So I was just in time.


We got to Otley just in time for lunch. We went to all the junk shops and then bought sausage rolls to eat in the market square.

    I had a good find in the 20p shop of a Disney animator doll. Her hair is in a very bad way....I have just been trying to sort it out with some fabric conditioner .

I also bought...this is a new thing.....a slow cooker.....and a dog brush. I bought both these things new. I know this is very unusual, but it had to be.





 It did not start raining until we put the washing out at home.
We quickly bought dinner and some chocolate eclairs and headed home up the Chevin eating the Chocolate eclairs.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

these pictures are just teasing me, as I so want to get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...