Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Today and yesterday....

 Slightly later than I like to be, but hey! I had a good sleep. For me this is unusual to sleep all night and not start doing daft stuff at 1am.! Any way off I set to the Tarn this morning zipping my coat up over pyjamas. I got out just in time....
 The slight hindrance of the zip jamming at the bottom of it's run and exposing my Christmas reindeer pyjama top was entirely another matter as this morning I met so many people I knew because I was later and they were all out dog walking. It was still reasonably dark and I fixed it fairly quickly.
 I was quick today as we have the Fonz car to fix for his MOT and I want to go to the Otley chevin . I note all the leaves have turned glorious clolurs and I want to go and see it all before winter takes the colours away.
 I met some doggy friends that I had not seen for literally years as I can not take Monza out with me on these dawn crusades as he can not get on well with people...as I say he likes me. Anyone else is food fodder.
 The light was different again this morning with a mist starting to rise from the water....kind of dare we say it ?"smoke on the water"
 I said good morning to the other old guy. the first old guy was not there this morning......this day there was a selection of old guys with model boats having bacon sandwiches and drinking bucket mugs of tea....Ah yes! it is Wednesday. This is model boat old guy day. They make a whole day of it in this hut by the tarn with their beautiful treasured boats....
 The sun is now up and the sky bright blue......a perfect day for getting under the Fonz car to fix the hand brake (again) and there are a few rattles and hums from bearings that must be replaced as well. Lee says they are not a big job......
 " what time is it? 8.47. Yer want some more untea?" asked Lee . I am just finishing this off before I read it to him.
 The leaves as you see are very beautiful this morning. Best get to it all.....The Otley Chevin beckons.
Autumn. don't you just love it!?

Yesterday we went to Kirkstall abbey and the recycling tip shop at Kirkstall ......I did not find anything really great this week....but did get some DVD's. ...Pretty in Pink.....The Legend of Bagger Vance.....
 I took along my Alice doll from Alice in Wonderland The Tim Burton film and a Gene Marshall doll designed by Mel Odom.....
 This doll was given to me by a friend for my birthday. Gene was designed by Mel Odom who went to art college in Leeds way back in the day and the lady who gave her to me can trace her family back to this area. In fact Kirkstall Abbey was part of her families ancestral lands.  So does this make Gene Marshall a Yorkshire girl?
 Looks that way to me...
 This is my husband Lee. Now he most definitely is a Yorkshire bloke and has all the quirks of this breed to prove my point. Here he is sitting on a sculpture seat newly added to this site. Lee was born in Kirkstall and his father still lives in the house just by Kirkstall abbey. He played here as a child and can tell very scary tales of climbing these ruins too.....
 Two Alice dolls....one I made from a Barbie Mt scene doll from a junk shop......
 Do you see that big window in the back ground there? the high one? Lee once made a swing in that window. And yes the police were called. by the time they arrived Lee and his brother had scambered back down the ruins and run off. Not afraid of heights obviously.
 We walked around the ruins in the October sun and Lee regaled me with his adventures and how he climbed this ruin...
 There are all manner of rumours about tunnels and secret passages here......are they true? "Na....there are drains n' that. I been down 'em . they ain't passages though. not very secret neither. ah found 'em"
 The sun really helped me get a great atmosphere here.....






 Lee pointed out that there used to be a usable stair case here. it is all fenced off here now...but it is possible to get on to the top of this ruin and run all they way around it......







So I leave you on this beautiful day and head off to Monza's dog walk and the Chevin. I also have Halloween dolls to finish and more decorations to put up........

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

soo fun to read all of this .. this morning! kirstall abbey is a very magical place and I can just see lee swinging away in the window... I love your alice doll....!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...