Wednesday, October 31, 2018

One missing.

 Halloween 2018 has finally dawned. I look forward to this every year. This dawn turned out a bit more exciting than I hoped.

I went down to the jetty and noticed swan feathers in the half light. I did not think anything of it and took a few photos as always.
 Then I came upon blooded swan feathers.
 And noted one white swan was missing from the morning swim.....
 I walked to the other side of the tarn and found it injured.....

One of the old guys from the boat house gave me a card for the swan rescue . I called and emailed them and sent these photos. I do not know what has gone on, but it is not good.
 As I walked back to show the old guys these photos...the swan swam off a little. So I do not know if it will be alright. The old guys tell me that they were all fighting yesterday.
So that is dawn at Yeadon tarn on Halloween 2018.

We are going to Spofforth castle ruins and Weatherby today. so catch you later .and hopefully I find out what happened to the swan too.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...