Thursday, October 4, 2018

The dark time.




 All or nothing was playing on the car radio. The small faces. I love that song......Written by Steve Marriott and Ronnie Lane . It was number one in 1966. So that would make me about 4 years old. It was just the type of music my dad was into. The thing here is do I remember it from 1966 or is it something I picked up on? Any way does it matter. It is a damn good song.

Steve Marriott is said to have written this at the time he split from fiance Sue Oliver, though First wife Jenny Rylance says it was written about her split from Rod Stewart....

Steve Marriott died in a house fire in 1991 as a result of being totally off his face, This song was played at his funeral.

So all or nothing?

all or nothing. small faces. a link. 

 These photos of  Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds were taken by me last year. It is the Dark Time and my thoughts turn to ruins.
 My thoughts turn to favourite ruins actually. I badly want to go home.or Whitby....and I start to contemplate the balls up I have made of my life. This year I will not be going to Whitby and I have now made myself a home right here. The home of my early life no longer exists as I would wish to remember it anyway. At one point my life was a balls up....not all of my making, though I will admit to some fault. Just thought I would throw that in. This dark time of year I come to the conclusion that I have turned a lot of the balls up to my advantage and now have a small semblance of control over it all.  I am 57 ! it is about time,

 As abbey ruins ! Kirkstall is not at all bad...and these ruins are only about ten minutes away too. These are also the ruins of Lee's childhood too.

 I love this time of year and here are some other photos I have taken at this time......
 Dark moody skies and
 The Otley Chevin.....
The Otley Chevin ...I think....and driving back from Otley one Friday...
 This week we went to Otley on a Thursday. Work has ruined my Friday for this week with a nine hour shift. I am just going to shut up and just do it.....though we did do Otley this week. We treated ourselves to sausage rolls in the Market square and chocolate eclairs on the way home in the car....I mean!!!! how bad can we be? (not) This week we found lots of clothes in the 99p shop but no dolls.

 I now have far far and I say again FAR to many dolls so this is just as well. It is not a case of All or nothing...but it is a now desperate case of get rid of some. Lee is going to Ebay a job lot....I will pick the ones to go and put them all in a bag....If I put them on Ebay I will end up picking back through them and keeping them again.....
 So this morning I am up and drinking tea. This is all good because I can go up to my doll room and "Just do it!"....I am saying this to myself a lot to day. The 1960's doll collection reminiscent of my childhood is to stay intact.....the Monster High too, they are faves....My Gene Marshall, character dolls, composition, and cabbage patch , oh and every one of the Bratz all stay.....It is the modern Barbie dolls that are to depart ...I think I should be able to sort out about 200 and not even miss them.

 All or nothing? well I can not keep all the dolls, but do not worry it will not be nothing!


 A lot of these photos I found on my computer from other years, Some of them are not half bad....


 past Halloweens!

 I was forgetting....I have a huge collection of Raggy dolls, bears,,,,and knitted dolls. And of course the Halloween dolls I have in droves.

" Right!" this is said with determination. Up to the doll room I go.....Barbie dolls it is. they are the ones to go this day.









 This was taken yesterday morning. It is now Friday....and we are not going to Otley. This is un heard of!!!! It is now the time that the light come up at Dawn. As Lee says it is Mucky misty and there are no colours in the sky. Cant see the moors by can see car head lights. weird looks like aliens this morning.
 I am not going out to the water to take photos. I am out today until 10pm to night. That is a long time.
 This autumn photo was taken yesterday too...
 The Yeadon Tarn in Autumn



And I leave you with Kirkstall Abbey and.........
                                                                     Sisters of Mercy.

Sisters of Mercy...A link to a good Goth song.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...