Thursday, October 4, 2018

The dolls house again.


 This is not quite finished. I am having to stop work on it as I have to sleep now. I was up at 5amish to do this. A bit of pasteing magazine pictures onto an old dolls house is very time consuming and quite addictive too.
This dolls house looked like this when I picked it up a couple of days ago......It needed some help....
 The front part of the roof is missing. The front of the house is broken off and the door is missing.
 Very dirty too.....

So.....first I cleaned it up using washing powder and surgical spirit in warm water. I took care not to get it too wet as I worked.

I quickly checked to see if I could get a new front roof,,,then abandoned mission and made it all into a roof garden instead.

 Then I got out the pile of Vogue magazines bought for 20p each at the junk shop in Otley, a pair of scissors and PVA glue. Also stashed on my kitchen shelves I have books from the 20p shop. I pick them up thinking that they will come in useful for projects such as this.
 I pulled the one out about "cornish gardens" ...... the big houses and castle gardens. These and the Vogue magazines I cut out everything I liked the look of and decorated the outside of the house.  This idea started out as just putting a garden on one side of the house. As I worked It spread out to the whole exterior of the dolls house.
 This dolls house is now quite a statement! and is not something that everyone would want. I love it!!!
 Cornish gardens! Now as I went through the book I came to all the ones that I knew well and loved. I lived in Cornwall . I was considered really uncool at that time because I wanted to go out and see Cornwall like a tourist. I loved all the touristy places like the big houses , gardens beaches and Looe. Looe reminded me of Whitby. This to the Cornish was extremely uncool and my then husband being a Cornishman hated to be embarrassed by me, The Cornish never go to any of these tourist traps.
 Here it is all finished. I found some lights that are butterflies and draped them over the new "roof garden and "bingo bonza birty" the dolls all moved in.I have loads more little dolls these are just a few......I also have all the tiny Barbies from Kinder eggs as well......
 This is the back of the house........
 The new roof garden....


 Living room......
 Bedroom......
 Kitchen......
 Bathroom.....
 Side of the outside of the dolls house.....
People ask me why I moved from Cornwall to West Yorkshire. Cornwall is beautiful they say. Cornwall is beautiful. So is Yorkshire. Cornwall was not my home, and Yorkshire is. This is the answer I give.
When I moved to Cornwall with my then husband I personally was not in a very good state(of mind if you like) and had a great and unrelinquishing liking for too much wine. This in turn made me very deluded and difficult as a person. That is the polite version and there is no real need to dwell upon it now. My then husband hated me, found me a burden and was really embarrassed by me. He did everything in his power to make me feel worse in the hope that I would just die or vanish into the Cornish mist.  On top of all this I was from the North. Northerners are not thought of well. Northerners are grim from up North.

So I divorced the bastard and came home. The Cornish gardens book was something I saw in the 20p shop.....and here it is now used as decoration for my free dolls house which I have now put on the landing and will move all the little dolls in later today.

To day we are going to Otley . I might even get to go up to the Chevin if the rain stops. 

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

love the altered dollhouse! so much fun! and a lot of work!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...