Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The huntress.

Today a photo from Skipton Castle woods I took last week on a day out over there. I have looked out of the bathroom window, which gives me a view over the Tarn. I can see that it is all grey and misty. As I have taken loads of photos of "grey and misty" I looked in my pictures from other days and just chose this one . I am printing this one to make a collage later on today.

This is from a willow sculpture in the woods behind Skipton castle by Anna and the Willow and is a spirit of a medieval huntress.


 And some other photos I took the same day. I have blogged these before, though these are my faves of the day. A very beautiful warm day.
Today is grey and misty....it is looking like it will be a grey misty and very windy day. Lee will not go to the woods in the wind. So here are photos from another day.
 Water, sun and reflections. all my favourite things.
 A rescued "Barbie doll" dressed as a white witch. It is nearly Halloween after all. Halloween! 2018.....now do I get out all my costumes and get all dressed up this year?
 The medieval huntress again.
 Anna and the Willow are based in Tanfield, North Yorkshire.(near Ripon)
Skipton castle woods were known as "old park" and they are the reason the castle was built here. The woods provide water, fuel, fishing and hunting. Everything a medieval lord of the manor required in those days before telly, mobile phones and Xbox.
Woollen mills and a saw mill followed and the town prospered. It would be possible to live quite well here with or without a castle.
 Skipton Castle , pictures from my last visit in September.




A beautiful magical place. I still have more to discover here.....but not today, as it is raining and winding, so over to Boyes department store in Ilkley to buy some bits and fabrics. I think stay in with the wood burner this afternoon.


Oh alright then. I will rejig one of my Halloween costumes.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...