Monday, June 25, 2018

I promised Monza....


 " There is no wind" stated Lee
"Yes. A nice day for a white wedding...."
 "What yer bloggin' about?" asked Lee. He always without fail asks this/
"photos of the tarn"
"yer been out?" he said handing me my tea in my pink spotty cup.
 I had very much been out. I had discovered that it is a very beautiful day and that before the dawn it is damn chilly in flip flops.
I walked around the tarn whilst waiting for the sun to come up.
The three Gemimas were all that was about at first. They were well into the day and the sun was not even up yet.....
 I found a load of white feathers on the jetty. I assume that they are swan feathers....so i picked up a bunch and then launched one onto the water......
 I saw no one human this morning which was a great relief as I am sick up to the back teeth of people. I promised Monza dog that I would spend the day with him this week on my day off. It is going to be hot hot hot...which is no good for big hairy dogs. So early walk then home all day ....garden and dog brushing. Maybe if Monza is in a good mood I will wash him. He just sometimes likes it.......
 on around the tarn.....ducks...wood pigeons.....
 sculptures....

 Swan family....
 Canada geese....
 Then the sun came up. already I could feel the difference in temperature on my flip flopped feet....
 By now my battery in the camera was running out as I forgot to put it on charge yesterday...
 This I did a bit different,,,in black and white with a tint. ....Not sure if I like it. I think seeing it next to the bright colours is what is putting me off......
 Then the sun was up and I had seen the main event, so I went home past the boat yard,
 Piper at the gates of Dawn. Van Morrison. Why this one? well ....I looked for some dawn type songs and on the list was this one.
I remember Van Morrison from my time in Bath. Another life almost! He had a house just by the Royal Crescent with a studio in the basement. He drank in the same pub as me . I would be on my way home from work in the 1980's (the year....not my age) and he was always well established at the bar. We were on nodding terms. I wouldn't be so bold as to say I knew him....but he did drink in the same pub. He sometimes played spontaneous sets...as a lot of other musicians also drank there. It was one of the buskers hang outs too....a lot of them were really good.....session musicians just having some fun.
So here is Van Morrison for you this beautiful day.
Van Morrison   Piper at the gates of dawn- Van Morrison    So here is a link to you tube.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

loved all of the photos today!! and especially the black and white one..... also, lee's quote... great day for a white wedding!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...