Sunday, October 1, 2017

Winter is coming.

 Still dark it was when I left the house....
So I had to wait.
Winter is coming. I have to put the garden to bed and bring in all my precious plants that do not like the Yorkshire nippy air.
In fact it is very nippy today. I woke up and pulled the covers back around me and dared myself out of bed.
I put on clothes over pyjamas and a coat and boots and went out. the cold filtered through a bit but I kept on moving. Lots of people were out...I even saw dogs with flashing christmas collars this morning as the sun came up.
The boat club hut was open and I could see the kettle boiling through the door. People are members of this model boat club for the tea...not an interest in model boats. it is a stopping point on walks around the Tarn on chilly mornings. the old giy who is always out on the bench actually is not a member....he just sits on their bench. He can not have tea as he will not pay the 50p a year membership fee.........
Any way...there I was in my hidden pyjamas taking photos of my Bratz doll in the chilly wind and I heard a voice...
"What yer doing wi that doll!?"then.."how are yer? we just goin round the tarn then havin a cuppa"
said the voice of a lady called Wholly.
She is called Wholly as she has a business selling Wholly jumpers with Christmas motifs on them.


I was later this morning. This is what happens!......
So home...tea and more tea...back into bed to warm feet under a hairy dog and then regale Lee with my blog.


No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...