Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Halloween, Hospital and Hull time.

 Halloween Hospital and Hull time. not totally in that order. We did the hospital part this morning. I made sure that I had the day off as Lee can not be trusted to go to hospital on his own. It is not that he will not go to the appointment or turn up late it is that he does not always tell the doctors all the problems and therefore he does not get the treatment he needs.
So first as ever we walked Monza. Rather quickly today as it is still very windy and cold, and time was trucking along and we needed to get going to Chapel Allerton Hospital. Monza was most disappointed at being left at home. As we were parking on the street ....Lee refuses to pay parking fees in the safe hospital car park and parks on the street . This is okay if you have a worthless banger of a car that has been blown up twice, but anything of value will disappear even in day light hours. So leaving a pedigree German Shepard in the car is not a good idea.
Once at the hospital Lee checked in and waited.....and waited. eventually there was a note written on the white board by a nurse saying BWF running 3/4 of an hour late.  "what is a BWF? " I asked ...."and are we a BWF?"
Any way, To cut a long story short. The doctors and the Professor are pleased with Lee but very concerned about his mental well being. The loss of the van and the stress of neighbour shouting and threatening abuse and violence have taken their toll. Lee is not sleeping properly and therefore very vulnerable. They have taken him off Methatrexate for 8 weeks and prescribed a sleeping pill.
Apart from that all is going well with his new meds. There was a student in the room too, so when his hands were examined, the student also examined them too....Lee is to be sent for a scan to check on inflammation, and he was offered counselling as he appears slightly depressed.
The Professor himself came into the room and asked Lee some questions and made the decision to stop his methatrexate. I looked it up a bit later and one of the side effects ii depression.....so this is first action.

 On the way home we stopped off at Kirkstall and bought some halloween decorations and some food as an after thought and home.
I then put up some Halloween decorations. It is my fave time of year. Much more fun than Christmas to me.

 Some dolls I made for other years...and some decorations that came from part of a "tip job" when we still had the van.
 I have loads more stuff to get out, but that will have to wait. As tomorrow I go to the Quaker archive in Hull, and I have to get all my dates and people straight so that I can quickly find what I am looking for. Hopefully...and I really do hope....that this will finalise this story. Either the information on Edmund Mauleverer will be there or not. If it is not, I have to wonder where all the stuff on "the ancestry" web sites comes from on the internet. So tomorrow I will see for myself.
I am quite nervous actually as I have never searched an archive of historical stuff before. This is actual books and hand written papers from 1600s not microfilm or computers. So here goes.
The other part of the day is that I am to meet an old school friend that I have not seen since 1980. Well we think it is possibly 1980, as we took a series of photos and I think the stuff in the background relates to my time at Bath Academy of Art, which would have been summer 1980. Gill came to stay with me in Bath. The memory is a bit hazy...however we did amuse ourselves by taking photos. Why we chose to feature murder scenes and ketchup as blood I can not now recall. But we did and the photos still exist and have stood the test of time.......
 As the sun goes down, i set my alarms for even earlier than usual. my usual is that I am up anyway. this day i need to make sure.

Hull time on the train.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

I am so happy that lee is getting the attention that he needs..... hull awaits..... excitement here!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...