Sunday, October 29, 2017

October. Nearly Halloween.......

 We have  had a tedious night again. usually it is me that is up all the time. this time it is Lee.
I am waiting for it to be a reasonable hour so that I can get ready to go and sell fire works for bonfire night....


Here are some of the photos I have taken of the Great Yorkshire atmosphere..........
 November the fifth is very near now. I do not really bother with the expense of buying fireworks myself though i do love the story that goes along with all of the banging and fire lighting.

Remember, remember the fifth of November, 
Gunpowder treason and plot. 
We see no reason 
Why gunpowder treason 
Should ever be forgot! 

Guy Fawkes, guy, t'was his intent 
To blow up king and parliament. 
Three score barrels were laid below 
To prove old England's overthrow. 

By god's mercy he was catch'd 
With a darkened lantern and burning match. 
So, holler boys, holler boys, Let the bells ring. 
Holler boys, holler boys, God save the king.

And what shall we do with him? 
Burn him! 




 It is now Sunday 29th of October and the clocks changed last night which has made the light a bit better early mornings. Fortunately the computers all change the clocks automatically so I do not have to remember and be more confused than ever. Now it is Goth week end in Whitby. A neighbour informed me that "you would love it! you should be there...."
I told him " i was a Goth in Whitby before the Goths in Whitby!"
1979!!!!! I left school and went to art college. I started out being a "punk" and discovered Goth on my way around......
So here are some of my photos taken at Whitby a few weeks ago on a visit with friends looking for Yorkshire family connections.
 They found plenty. In fact so many that another visit is needed as the places and characters are assembling in droves all with a story to tell..........any way that is why I was in Whitby this time.....
 Goth week end is going ahead without me. possibly a good thing as I do not like crowds and I feel "my Whitby" or the one I think of as a child and teenager is no longer the same. Places change. I know that but I do not know that I wholey aprove of Whitby being made into a Goth circus. I doubt most of them are full Goths ...just week end dress up with good jobs to pay for the extortion-as prices for bed and board, costumes and entertainment for this rest. still good for the Whitby economy!!????

 Here is a little raggy doll Goth witch doll I made. This year I will not be going to Whitby. Though I do have some trips to my fave effigies planned and the Chevin too
 I have my food all planned too......Goth stew. or diabolical stew as I call it too. Looks like hell.........
I have the day off on Tuesday which is actually Halloween...so time to do it right me thinks.
 Biride of Frankinstien that I made from a rescue broken doll. I bought her in Wetherby a few years ago.....
 In Yeadon they are all having Halloween parties this week end. We have had some trick or treaters...good luck to them. It is not Halloween yet.......
 I have had my decorations up for weeks......
 Having said that....I have these dolls out all year round ....just not in the windows as they are now.....




 This was Bardsey.........The church I went to a few days ago.....
 so was this....
 Yeadon......

I have to go. so that is it for today folks. must get ready to face my public and prepare dinner for tonight and carve my pumpkins..........











No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...