Thursday, October 19, 2017

A week off facebook.

Monday.
 6.18AM. Getting up to take a photo and wash up from yesterday. Have to be to work for 9AM.
. Trying to limit to one photo a day.This will work only if I want it to. And I dont think I do. I like "taking too many photos!"
This is a Rockabilly doll I made from a Disney animator doll. I made her outfit and tattoos...This doll I Found in a charity shop in Horsforth. Her hair was wrecked anyway.....I had to cut it. ....She was Ariel little mermaid. She is now a tattooed Rockabilly girly with a tat saying " it is never too late".Lets hope it is right.

I went Past Mr shouter in his kitchen with what looked like at a glance .....no clothes. Passed on by quickly to the Tarn. As always I was attracted to the light on the water.
this is my one photo for today.......and here are the "out takes".
 
When I returned Mr shouter was in his van setting off. I passed him at a squeeze....as he parks mid path.....with my doll. Then home for tea...tea...and more tea to get ready for work. My only day this week..........Today I decided to go out along the terrace way. We have been going through our own garden to the road to avoid this completely. I thought that I would walk down the terrace today...I went to work that way too. Why not? once I had thought about it. I will walk where I want to walk.

Once back this evening I got dinner ready and fed Monza. I would usually go on Facebook about now. So I am watching a bit of old telly situation comedys and then going to bed.
I have not turned on facebook or any of the other time soaks out there on the internet.....
So day one done and dusted.




Tuesday........my day off.
I insisted on Tuesdays off. I thought there was no overtime for this week and so I had Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday off!!! Yesterday afternoon overtime started to be handed out....They just expected me to stay "extra" on Monday... with now arrangements......any way I took another 10 hours for Wedsnesday and Thursday.   Tuesday is still my day off!!! had loads of plans ...like going to York, Wetherby and Saltaire. All of these ideas are none starters as we have a hurricane attacking Yorkshire and the roads are closed with fallen trees. Lee battened down the garden gates and fences...so now we can not use the back gate anyway.
I got up and put on washing drank tea and started to photograph some dolls to sell on ebay. This is a bit different as I usually buy!
Dog walk. no early photos as the weather is straight dangerous. That was that for Tuesday.......started knitting again and no facebook.
Found some old records in charity shop locally...Abba, Diana Ross, Simple minds....Black Sabbath...Genesis. Turned into a fun afternoon as the wind howled.

Wednesday.
Woke up all night and finally got up at about 5am.. Still dark so getting out the camera is pointless for another few hours! Why such a bad night? well Lee was up and down all night....he is worried about the mortgage interest rate feisco.  The guy who is arranging it had to go home because the hurricane was about to hit.
Sat and knitted downstairs and then went out to take these photos.......

Barbie doll rescued from a charity shop. This is one of my fave 1970s dolls. Knitted dress and halloween hat.......
 
As usual dogs and people around and the model boat house was open serving teas to members at 7am. there are alot more than you would think........


Managed not to encounter any of them.

knitting again....and no facebook. Not even missing it.It was like when I finished drinking wine. I just stopped. 

Thursday morning.
Did not even wake up until Monza started trotting around. He was wondering why I was not up. Lee is watching utube  videos of how to build a house.
The pension money is not through yet...that would be the one I was paying into when I had my cleaning job. Lee cancelled the standing order about two months ago as we can not "afford it". The Fonz car needed an MOT and new wheels so I cashed it in.I can! I am 56 and pensions can be claimed now at 55. So that is one less for my old age if I have one.
The other one I have asked to cash in is from the 1980s...one of those personal pensions that were fashionable....That will probably take a few weeks yet..That is the one I intend to buy the van with.
The mortgage interest rate reduction!?? well that has turned out to be a complete bollox up. It was not me who dealt with it. I wish I had just done it myself now. We are being told that we can not afford the mortgage and they can not change the interest rate. We are on the most expensive rate on the planet.
The whole lot is winding me up big big time.And it looks like I am stuck working a supermarket till 40 hours a week as Lee is showing no signs of even attempting to get a job. This just makes me think
Why!? and WHY!? am I breaking out all my pension money to buy a van!???

Look on the bright side! 






No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...