Sunday, October 15, 2017

Otley on a Saturday.


 We got up and piled into the Fonz car. We can do that today as he passed his MOT test yesterday with only an advisory on a light. Not bad for a car covered in dings and looks like it has been blown up.

I had already been out this morning at about 7am for an hour with my camera. I have decided to go out early again as I just feel so much better! after getting really miserable yesterday I thought that I would do something about it.

So doggy walk avoiding everyone else in the old grave yard, and then to Otley.
 We headed down to Tittybottle park first as I wanted to take some photos. What we found was a shockingly flooded river flowing quickly and really high. Lee said he had never seen this river so high. Crossing the bridge I noted the commemorative pad locks. They are locks of love apparently!...the romantic gesture has taken the world by storm and bridges are being covered in "love locks" or padlocks with names either written or engraved.The locks are supposed to stand forever as a symbol of their lasting love.There are not that many on this bridge, so I think they have been removed by the council and these are the ones that "crept back"!
"oooh! " I said " I did not know about this....we have to bring a padlock for us"
" um." said Lee

 Not our usual route around Otley. We decided to have a look at something else today.
 Sculptures down by the river now include this Printing press. The Whafedale printing press revolutionised the printing industry. This is the sculpture to commemorate this. so basically Printing was invented in Otley.
 The gardens down by the river are very beautiful. We walked part of the way along, but not as far as the weir as it was starting to rain and really threaten a storm.
 There is also a new  sun dial. this was not in action. It was by now raining,,,,,,so we headed back across the bridge , crossed the road and had a look at the park and walk back into Otley. We have only been this way once before. In all those visits to Otley, we always just go junking and then to the church mostly.
 the river was very very high.
 we kept on spotting trees and huge clumps of rubbish floating by.
 this poor tree was completely surounded.
manor garth park it is called and it is the site of the palace of the Bishops of York.......


 we came out at the end of the path at the other side of the river by The old Black horse pub...which I really want to visit for lunch....I did comment ...but got a usual screwed up nose from Lee.

 We then went to some of the junk shops...just the important ones......and then rescued Monza who had been patiently waiting in the car.

Sunday Morning now and I am just about to get ready for work. We have no overtime this week as it has all been cut. so I am only working contracted hours and will be around a bit more during the day.
Lee is much better now that his medication of Methatrexate has been temporarily stopped for eight weeks. It helps that I am around, even though I am not earning any money.

I am really fed up with it anyway....last night I had a head ache again and towards the end I served a neighbour and completely balloxed up the change. I have been doing over fourty hours a week for months. This is good in the money ...but very bad for well being. So I suppose it is just as well.


So the challenge to myself is to disappear and stay off social media.....I have decided a week. stay away from all the bollox.....I know that no one reads this blog unless I post it on facebook, as I have not put it on search engines and as far as my computing knowledge goes it has no links to it either.

I might yet take down facebook completely. I look at some of the other stuff posted and wonder what the hell I am doing wasting time reading it all.
I do not have much of a life, but at least I have one. Maybe I should spend the time I have left living instead of reading everyone elses tragedy! I can go to work for that...everyone has a very dramatic medical problem which they proudly impart with great detail and gusto.
An old guy who recons he might die at any second asked me to dinner on Friday night..........He seemed to think that I would regret turning him down.........
Sunday night.
I have turned off my blog
 So now there are no readers at all. So lets see if i can get to next sunday without facebook.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...