Wednesday, October 11, 2017

This is it. 2017 halloween

 This is it. Halloween 2017. Well to be honest...This is it so far. I have a load more dolls and bits and bats from other years. I have "put them away" and due to trying to tidy and reinvent the log cabin I can not remember now where everything is.
I have spent a lot of time,  in fact more time looking than doing this week. So these are what I have dug out of various trunks so far....
This raggy doll was one of the original ones I made for handmadedoll.co.uk and she is a basic prim raggy with painted face, wool hair, all stained and aged with coffee. She was made from one of my own patterns...actually looking at this photo I do not even think I used a pattern. I just cut her out and stitched up the bits and hoped for the best.. So Twitchy woo she is.
 This pumpkin girl is also a prim raggy doll made from a Chestnut junction pattern. She was one of the first Primitive raggy dolls I made. I went on to fall totally in love with Chestnut junction and made loads of their patterns.
 I made this little girl last year. Her hair was a wig from the pound shop...........
 A broken Barbie doll I found in Wetherby.......totally wrecked. I made the wedding dress she is wearing and turned her into Frankinstien's bride.
 Another totally wrecked doll. I painted her white and made her hair from feather boa trim I had a remnant of.......
 Other girls I found in junk shops and transformed for halloween.......

 A Barbie from california......
 This pumpkin round headed raggy doll I made last year also........from my own pattern and some fabrics from Boyes in Ilkley.....
 I have decorated the back porch so far....the cobweb fabric came from a rubbish collection job with the old rusty van business. A man with a van business that we used to run last year until the van engine blew up and put me out of the business of collecting junk.
 Some more folk art primitive dolls I have made over the years....Kim's whims. chestnut junction, threadbare primitives....are all faves of mine......in fact i am itching now to make some more.

 These Zombie dolls I found in a local junk shop. They are once upon a time zombie dolls and are from a book where all the fairy tale dolls turn into zombies........and a large Frozen doll I found redressed in punk clothes........ 






 And some photos from other years..........






There is a lot of dolls both past and present. We were woken up by Monza padding around at 3am. He wanted to go out. So lights went on so that he can get down the stairs, and me for that matter. So this set in motion a chain of tea drinking and ebay searching.......
then I fatally went back to sleep. My general rule is wake up! get up! as I know if I go back to sleep i feel like I been into the operating theatre and this makes me late.
This is exactly what happened. So to day I feel like a car crashed hangover cadava and I am later that I like. I have the day off as all over time at work has been cut. The same yesterday

We spent a very tedious day trying to get the mortgage interest rate reduced and getting money released from my pension. The Mortgage has been on going since I was ill and could not pay it. So helpfully they put us onto the most expensive rate they could muster in the hope I suppose that I would loose all hope and sell up, then I would no longer be their problem. I do not give up especially where others manipulation is concerned. So now I want a better interest rate. And that is what I am going to have. Now they want accounts, pay slips, pension forecasts etc blah blah to check affordability.
The really puzzling thing is that I could be on the top rate of interest and struggle to pay it and they couldn't careless even when I wrote to our MP who tried to reason with them too.....So now they are hopefully reducing the rate they want to check affordability

So I spent a very tedious day.

This day I am getting money released from pensions. I am going to buy a new "rusty van" . In my head I have spent the money and have it all parked at the back next to the Fonz car.This is another mob who are very happy to take money but very slow to give it back. this could take weeks yet..

I have a few already picked out . Some do not even have rust yet,. Lee will not want it sprayed pink. pity..........The website is to be amended too....That is still up. I keep getting calls from old customers too....This time I am being very considered as to the jobs I take. Clearance and junk work. My days of  house removals and sofas up and down stairs are over!!! I am going to keep my funny job working for a supermarket too. Just the thought that this job was all I would do until the end was never a consideration I could bear to entertain.
Yep. Time to get a van again. Just why does it all have to take so damn long!!!??????

I leave you with Rusty van. This photo was when he was new to us and I had him sign painted. Sadly he was towed away about two months ago as his engine blew up. that was a sad day.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...