Thursday, October 5, 2017

Hull, some whales and art on the way to the train.

A gin palace. These were purpose built as ....well "Gin palaces!" This one is  magnificent and just near the docks. I bet it was a right old den of iniquity.

I looked it up. And yes it was indeedy. .Murders ghosts the  works if the stories are true.

A quickly into the Maritime museum. Well I had to didn't I. My chance to see something else new this day.

This building is the old dock offices building. The museum moved here in 1974.
Ship figurehead...















and lastly.....a proper shop. this is a House of Fraser department store. not my usual charity or junk shop. It was empty except for sales assistants. I would never pay these prices. I can not be alone in this. there was no one else about hardly....



Good bye Hull. Goodbye Gill it was lovely to see you again after all these years. I am sure that I will be seeing Gill in Leeds soon on a return visit.
We stood and yatted until the train platforms began to come up on the screen. I made sure we were at the station in plenty of time as running is not an option. In fact we yatted for so long I almost forgot to get on the damn train.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

I loved the bones in the museum....! why do museum shops charge so much for stuff??? outlandish, I say!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...