Friday, October 6, 2017

Classic day. Dog walk and Otley junking.

 Classic dog walk pose. "let's take the classic picture" I said. we parked up the Fonz car in the old grave yard and off went Monza like a rocket. Not bad for a 70 year old dog. He gave us a fast walk and nearly caught a rabbit. Lee just has to hold on at these times.
 We went to Otley after this and parked up in the supermarket car park out of the way.....and walked to the junk shops....some are closed for refurbishment, though the main treats are still well in business.
So today at the 99p shop I got Prince Hal from Frozen.....in quite good condition, though missing his boots and jacket.....well he is still good value for 99p. And I have not already got him. No? no. really I have not got this one.
 Then a quick look to see if I could go into the church. People coming out of it, organ playing and lights on......so I did not go and see the Fairfax effies today....
 Sun and autumn leaves.
 Then to the Victorian arcade....Checked out all the little shops. there was a very old Golly wog with one eye. I came to the conclusion that I did not need it....

Old otley...in a painting in the old arcade. Always loved this.

To the 20p shop. I picked up loads of stuff. Lee made me put the book about finding ghosts in Yorkshire back...along with brochures for stately homes we will never go to as they charge!
So I managed to buy....The Brontes...three novels all in one big fat book. One of them Jane Eyre. A fave and I only have two copies so far. and then an autobiography of Shirley Temple.....and a beautifully illustrated Wind in the willows, along with illustrations i had not seen before.
so happy days.
Big heavy hard back books they were too...I soon discovered this on the way back to the Fonz car and trying to buy chocolate eclairs for lunch with no free hands.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...