Friday, April 20, 2018

This is what it looks like.



I did not rush out at milk man o'clock today. I have discovered that bending of any description is not going to happen today.
I moved a lot of the garden mess I made and planted a very lot more new plants.
These photos of the tarn were from another day, but it looks much mistier today and the sun is out. Already I can tell it is not going to be as hot.  Still have my flip flops lined up........

Last night we called up Father who crashed his Skoda into a Mercades.
This is what a Skoda looks like after being driven at twenty five miles an hour into the back of a Mercedes which had stopped at a school crossing at lunch time.  The Mercedes was only just dented. I have no photos of the damage. Lee says he had to look hard for the ding.
I spoke to Father last night and he sounded much better. The whole incident stressed the hell out of him and he was stuttering sliring and endlessly repeating himself.  This is not unusual if you know Father...but this was far more worrying . Now he is back to his more normal for him diatribes and bumbling about. His speech is no longer slurred and he is much more positive about it all.
The crash has given him a reason to take Paracetamol. This is one of his fave activities. That and reciting all symptoms and timings of his pill popping.
Father has a pill routine you see. Some he takes in the morning with his coffee and fag and some he takes at night before bed. The paracetamol are now every four hours too....
The Skoda is as you see a total write off. Lee who went to the scene immediately says that the front Wheel is also caved in which does not show that well in this picture. Also bonnet bumper grill radiator.....windscreen inner wing, chassis rail,...head lamp, indicator, ...does not know about the steering column. that would be about it........
Lee just managed to move it off the road too.  Not bad for a twenty five mile an hour crash in a Skoda. Father was lucky if you look at it that way!
I have planted the seed with Father that he now uses his free old persons bus pass and does not get another car. This was always going to happen.
 I would never get into Fathers car in the first place when he was driving it. If and when we ever needed to be in Father's car I made sure Lee was driving it! Father is coming up to see us next week on the bus "when AH feels a bit better like". He used to come up on the bus a couple of times a week. It is much better for him.....as he has to walk to the bus stop and leave the house on time.
His wife is greatly relieved that she can now catch the bus to and from work. The car journey was becoming a bit of a terror, as Father went the same way at the same speed, on arrival parked in the same place.....this was regardless of who or whatever else was on that route.
His wife did not even bother to leave work early to see him. Lee stayed with him as he was a "a right state" I noted no stepson either.
 A beautiful sunny day it was. I really made a difference to the front garden. Today is Friday again!!! they come around faster and faster.
 I am drinking tea and contemplating buying a load of solar lights for the garden. Is this a bit ambitious?
 Am I being nursed into a sense of deluded weather circumstance? will I wake up and find the car locks frozen over again tomorrow morning?

Well I ordered some white fairy lights. Solar powered they are too. 
Quite hopeful about this summer thing I am . In fact so much so I ordered a pond fountain and colour changing lights for my fish pond at the back of the log cabin.........This is a proper wired in to the electricity in the garage one. can not be pushing my luck too much now can I?

then we went to Otley.

I have no pictures this week... firstly there are not a lot of places I have not already photographed. And I ended up a bit incapacitated on the way home.

What happened was simple enough. 

In the first junk shop we entered I found A Barbie Malibu dolls house for £5.00. 
then in the 99p shop I found a cardigan of quite "odd design" and then we bought to bags full of stuff from a frozen food shop so I had both hands full anyway. As the  sun was out and getting hot we had to go back to the car to rescue Monza dog. 
Then of course we had to collect it and pile it onto me in the passenger seat. where it just fitted and jammed me in the car very well. As ever we wanted to eat our lunch and chocolate eclairs. There was no chance for me as the roof of the barbie house was blocking all views home and getting a chocolate eclair around it was not happening.

 

this is it!

Image result for barbie malibu house


Had to buy this for a fiver!

So that was Friday in Otley. Saturday morning and we are on with the garden. I got well carried away and bought new trellis for the back garden. the sun is out and I also have a new dolls house to set up!!!

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...