Monday, March 26, 2018

Toys and Easter

 Ilkley toy museum. We finally paid or £3.50 entrance fee and went inside. I have wanted to go for years but either it has not been open or we had no money to spend on such things.
We started upstairs in this small but very well stocked museum.

Peddlar dolls were the first delight I cast my eye over. ....

 I now want one. I used to have a lace maker doll many years ago . But now I want one of these. In fact really I just wanted every doll I saw here.


 Charlotte....


 Augusta Beatrice and Bonnie....

 Bobby

 Snow white and the dwarves......

 This one is really old. not just an antique this is from early roman finds......
 This pair are just incredible! look at the expressions! " they look like they just had a right wiggin'" said Lee knowledgeably!



 peter bear

 Clock work doll....














































































This museum houses dolls teddies a train set and is stuffed with doll's houses a doll pub! a doll hotel shops Sindy house,,,,,,,plenty to see in a small old house behind the theatre in Ilkley.

We went home after this visit and it has taken me two days to edit and look through the photos. I am going to have to go back!!!!
very soon in fact as I am hooked.

other pictures I took this day were of The easter Cross which is now up over the Otley Chrvin and some Bratz dolls I found in a charty shop! That will need to be another blog.
Today is now Monday morning of my holiday.........We are going to reorganise the garden and finish my own doll room today.
I bought some beautiful pictures from the doll museum for my own doll room.
This visit makes me want my doll room just like this!!!!!

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...