Friday, March 2, 2018

Stiff as a plank.

It is a lovely day........and I have just started to read this to Lee. He turned and looked at me with rolling eyes as I read the "it is a lovely day " bit.
"it is? it is white over and freezing. " he offered looking up from Utube where people are building a wooden house.
The weather states... sleet and rain.....and a gradual thaw.  but first....freezing rain....well it looks lovely then.

... I am not quite so lovely. I am seized up and can hardly walk and I think my right leg has gone missing entirely. I have tottered downstairs...made tea...then more tea and had breakfast of a custard donut and blueberry yogurt. I eyed up the strawberry's but thought that would be greedy.

This has happened before. My basic problem is that I stopped moving around enough and sat or laid in bed because it is too damn cold to go out. I am better already. The custard donut has began to work its magic on my poor body. I could take up running or going to the gym. well why don't you? I hear you ask. answer? I hate running and gyms are all full of other people. I hate exercise but I dislike people more. Any way provided that I get up and go out early and keep at my funny job I will be fine. no need for drastic measures.

Who remembers the exercise video craze along with leg warmers and hi leg leotards? The 1980's everyone issued an excercise video.
Image result for 1980s exercise videos Y plan



...I had the Y plan one with Anthea Turner in the background. I did these exercises every morning in my bright yellow leotard and leg warmers. I also had a blue one so I could do alternate days...... I lived in Bath at that time and kept this up until my drinking of wine ruined the plan with a hangover that lasted the next thirty years.

Keep moving.

 Saturday . I am still "on holiday" but was caught on my way around to go to work today. may as well because there is no going anywhere else.
I won this Barbie plane on Ebay and was to  go and collect today. Sadly not happening as Lee does not want to drive the Fonz car in this funny weather.
 I do not hear the wind this morning.it was causing the snow to drift. There has been a bit of a dusting of snow but not a lot.
 In fact I can not hear anything. no cars. no planes taking off at the airport. no neighbours going to work yet.
Pity . I was looking forward to putting this in my doll room! It has a fold out holiday resort at the back too.......It really is not worth the struggle for a Barbie plane that can be collected next week more easily.

I have drunk tea. now I am going to have some more tea and get into the shower.....then go to "work". my only problem remains that I have dropped my tights and work blouse on the floor and can not get down that far to retrieve them.
When I do manage it of course I then have to get them onto my body which is still fairly seized up.
one thing at a time. First I get them off the floor.

Is that it? asked Lee.
Yep that is it.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...