Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Twyler.

I have this day to myself as there is no hours for me to go to work. So we went off for Monzas walk with the idea of going to the tip and clearing all the rubbish from the garden....again!!!after his walk. It was such a beautiful day that we changed the plan and went to Otley instead. 
This morning we have woken up to snow again.
 As these photos from yesterday the tarn was still mostly frozen over and the birds were all sat on the ice with just a small melted puddle by the shore.
 All of the birds were out this day. swans canada geese ducks moor hens sea gulls. the lot! a great big nature lesson sat on the ice making me feel guilty as I brought no food just a doll to photograph.
 I sat on the bench by the birds and watched then for about five minutes. It was not too cold and the sun came out. believe it or not it was warmish.
 I walked around the tarn holding Tywla the Monster High doll and headed off to the nature reserve at the far end of the Tarn, This has all been opened up and a new path made.


 It was all so beautiful. so I took my time walking to meet Monza and Lee. There were lots  of others out. Some recognised me and gave me a strange look as I held my doll to pose her for photos. So up to my usual dog walk tricks then? yep the only thing missing is that I am wearing street clothes and no pyjamas today.
 I bought Twyla in the pound shop over in Kirkstall last week. I only just got her out as last week was spent inside with snow cold and more snow. Today it is very user friendly anf I am wearing ordinary boots as the snow has all but disappeared .
 The tarn is still frozen . I was expecting it to thaw. then I woke up to more snow. We lit the woodburner last night and did not notice the temperature drop. the new wood burner kicks out heat like being in the tropics.
we were sitting by it with Monza huff puffing in the heat and discussing how we wouls set about restoring the Fenix Frontera car.
Lee has been over to speak to our local mechanic who has a business opposite us at the back..... With idea that he would take Fenix to this garage to have the engine replaced.
After confirming the price and that Yes!the engine needed swapping. this would cost 1300 enginlish pounds. So the plan is back to doing it ourselves.
The taking it to a mechanic to fix was not why I bought Lee this car anyway. The whole idea is that it is a project for Lee. Problems to be overcome himself not cheating and paying someone else to do the work! So that was a great big NO! and get on wth it,
 So there we were sitting by the woodburner planning taking out this engine to replace itt with a hoist. ordering and getting delivered another one and finding all the other bits to replace.
 Anyway I walked around the Tarn and then met Monza and Lee


 We fed the horses carrots that we keep in the car


 The horses like Lee. Not so sure about me. Lee talks to them and they come to him. I got ignored. probably as I had no bag of carrots.
 Then on the was to Otley we stopped off at the Chevin.

 Monza waited in the Fonz car as there were other dogs and people about.....I could hear him barking at me all the way up to the rocky outcrop.
 misty but very beautiful was suprise view.


 Just a little snow still left
Just when we thought it was all over and we were moving on to spring it is snowing again. the radio is full of cars blocking all routes and sliding all over the place.....and the commute to work is a right big mess. Schools closing again too. as I say a little bit of snow and the world stops or slides side ways.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

the car will be a challenge but will be well worth it..... I want to feed the horses carrots! a good day!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...