Sunday, March 4, 2018

Holiday photos.



 A week off. It really was week off everything too.I had no plans but would have liked to go out and about even a little. This is the last day and we were not going anywhere. Then it started to snow again, which made me all excitable wanting to take photographs at the Yeadon tarn.
 We stayed in bed until 10am. Tea tea tea and then more tea. The yogurt and strawberries followed by more tea. I went into "work" yesterday as asked.....well there was no where else I was going was there? My poor body has seized up due to inactivity and staying in bed because of the cold. so a swift shift at work helped alot. I have to keep moving otherwise i can't!

 Poor Monza has been in for the duration of this storm too. He has been as far as the garden. He did not like it much, and hates the wind blowing snow in this ears.


 We got up eventually and then it started to snow. Once I was out heading towards the Tarn it turned to rain. The wind has now stopped and it is not too cold.

 Lots of snow misty rain and fog. What can be seen of the views is very beautiful. There were loads of dog walkers and couples walking along hand in hand taking selfies. Well yes it looks romantic!
 Two dogs I saw could not believe their luck. there walker had let them off the lead. They were very obviously not her dogs as they hurtled straight onto the frozen tarn to chase the ducks. The walker started to yell at them ever more hyserically as the ignored her and ran maddly round in circles on the ice.
 The walker was by now almost hysterical as she thought they would fall through the ice. I stopped taking photos and said in my best teacher's voice.. "Dogs here now...........NOW!!!" Which resulted in the older Jack russell dog running back to the walker. The other a puppy could not get off the ice.
"here NOW. you got yourself on there you get off. NOW." and so the dog got off the ice and came back to the walker.

"thank you so much!" said the hysterical woman. " they are not my dogs. I am just looking after them!...oh my God I thought they were going IN......."

I must admit I thought the same. .....I was a dog walker for a short while and learned a trick or too....we had a very naughty dog we called Black jack. That one was a nightmare.....He got down a rabbit hole one afternoon walk. . oh boy was that a fiasco. That was where I learned the "NOW!!!" with as much edge in the voice as I could muster. If the dog thinks you panic he just thinks you funny and daft...I learned that as well from Black Jack. He climbed a tree another day too.....I had to be really quick with that one or he run off and not listen. He could escape from his owners house too. once he got onto a neighbours glass roofed conservatory and fell through. The vet had to be called and stitch him back together on the floor where he fell. And yes he survived.
 After the dogs were put back on their leads...I set off back home as the rain had soaked my coat and hair.....
 Once home......we decided that I was already wet. So I then went to the shops. Lee was going to go. There was no point in both of us getting wet!

I had to buy cigarettes. I hate buying them. I do not like the amount of money they cost!
 So that really concludes the holiday.

It is evening now and not too cold. the wind has stopped and the snow is melting. How do I know this? well the roof in the sun room has started to drip again as the snow thaws......
 Monza has just been out for his last walk before bed and it is much milder and yes! the snow is melting. All we have to hope is that it does not freeze over night now.

 My week off is all but done and I am heading to bed. I am back "at work" on Monday morning and hopefully the world will return to normal...The Fonz car has not been out all week and is sadly out the back wrapped in blankets.
 Lee will be testing it in the morning....as we have to go for an appointment at Chapel Allerton hospital on Tuesday. hopefully...and it is looking good...we should be able to get there.
After my walk at the Tarn I checked on Ebay on the dolls I was bidding on. I have bought 15......OH WHOOPS!!!!!


The seller messaged to ask if I was "a collector" well I am now!!!! that was 15 1960's dolls. this is my latest "thing" and I have been enjoying researching them all. Well I was on holiday and snowed in a bit.......

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...