Monday, September 18, 2017

Bradford industrial museum. The way we were.

I woke up slowly this day. I am pacing myself. There is no need to get up and....
Rushouttakephotoswatchthesunriseorwriteormakedollswashupget teaputonthe weeekswashinghooverdusttidyandmoveallthegardenplantintothehousebeforeworkthismorning..

so. make tea. drink tea. make more tea. consider all of the above and drink tea. Early morning usually are for.....well what are they for? checking that I am still alive usually and being quite excited by the day that is what. So this day I am pie eyed totally knackered. I went from splendid lunch at Wetherspoons in Otley to working a till on a five hour shift. I finished at 10pm last night having spent the time serving  drunkcustomerswithcoatsonbackwards................

so yes I am a bit slow today.I have not had time to get all the photos from my camera.. Yes. there are more.

After our Whitby adventure comes The Bradford Industrial Museum. This was really for the men. The rest of the times have been castles pretty much. Dixon from Texas had never been to Yorkshire before. I am glad that we got in some good old reality boy stuff today as otherwise his view of us may have been a bit warped.
so first things first. More tea. then some more again. Now to have a shower and go to first Saturday shift then I will regale you on the next part of this tale and finish the blog about Allerton Castle. Also a few more words on the Whitby blog would not go amiss....
Bradford industrial museum is exactly that. It is the way we were preseved for ever. There is my fasvorite part of this site, which is a row of workers houses typical of this whole area. They have been rebuilt on the site as they would have been in the 1950s 60s and 70s.
a lot of the stuff housed here I either remember, have owned or now collect.......
These hair salons!!!! the perm!!!!! the hair dryers!!!!!
Rag rugs. everyone had rag rugs,

This doll....The label says 1970s well I have one O bought o Ebay and a ohoto of me taken in the 1960s with one just like it, so I reckon 1960s. sorry museum.


We all stood around these rooms and had a remonic ...we had all owned something ......
These nouses are really the way it was. Outside loos and growing vegetables. My house had an outside loo....it is all fine now in the year 2017. we have a shower room and all now. My terrace had a toilet block at the end. everyone had their own "privy" relating to the number of their house. the baths were metal tubs got out and filled once a week and set by the fire in the living room.....shared water...starting with the eldest......
old photo of Bradford.....






 And did those feet in ancient time,
Walk upon Englands] mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In Englands green & pleasant Land






Our whole area here was fabric mills and mill workers houses. It is hard to imagine now as the mills are all gone and replaced by new houses, or the mill building converted to flats.





.This is the way we were.









This was my last visit with Mary , Lee,Bonnie and Dixon and we ended the Yorkshire tour here at Bradford industrial museum. I have been here many times and still managed to take too many photos.......still here is Mary on the second floor amongst the textile mill machines.


We all left Bradford and followed Lee in the Fonz car to lunch at Wetherspoons in Otley.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, outdoor

Image may contain: 4 people, people sitting
where we commandeered the patio, put three tables together and just basically took over the outside as there was not enough space inside.
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, eating, table and food

slightly chilly but we just about got away with it. after that we quickly did the 99p shop and the 20p shop. it can never be said that I do not take my visitors to all the best establishments....



We rescued two dolls and then hugged goodbye  until the next time.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...