Sunday, September 3, 2017

Hell's teeth.




 We went for a walk on Otley Chevin. Lee spent yesterday fixing the brakes on the Fonz car, so we decided to go out and test them. As ever...we took Monza out first and parked up at the old grave yard. This went without incident so we drove to a car park a bit further down the Chevin. once parked we opened the doors to get out of the car and the smell of burning was undeniable. the true give away was the smoke coming out of one back wheel. So we let the car cool down and went for a walk. Lee assured me that we could get home okay......
so we set off walking up the steep paths to Hell's teeth at the top. along the way we found another sculpture. The sculptures on the Chevin are by artist Shane Green and are part of a trail, he used parts of a 300 year old beech and sycamore trees that were blown down in the storms in 1987 for these ...... the trees were stored by leeds city council until this was decided .


Then onwards and upwards to the Hell's teeth stones.
They are not teeth at all, but standing stones used to make a wall to stop cattle from falling off the edge of the chevin very long ago.
a beautiful autumn day with the leaves just begining to turn and fall to the ground......the sun daplled through the tree canopy.
these stones look just like teeth. I call them Hell's teeth. I do not think this is their official name!
We walked along....Lee with arthritis . Today his arthritis is bad his feet and hands hurt . I have called the hospital and asked for an appointment. They have recently changed his medication, so I am guessing that this one is failing too now. He got very stressed from a neighbour abusing and bullying him. This has now acelerated his arthritis.......I hoped the walk would do him good and help to foget the stress.
I took the last chance in West Yorkshire to wear flip flops before the autumn chill sets in! There were loads of others about, walkers making the most of the last few days before back to school and loads of professional dog walkers. All the dogs wanted to come up to me and as ever all the people looked at me like I am a crazy old bat....

We have made the decision to report the abuse Lee suffered. It is causing so much stress for both of us. I am now going in and out of my house via the front door instead of walking around the terrace and up the shared path to my own decking.....and instead of bringing the car around to the shared path we are taking Monza dog out through the garden to the road at the back where we park our car. Sad isn't it?
I am up waiting to go to work on a sunday......I am just putting in the report first



We live in such a beautiful place, I usually keep away from people anyway. This is a choice. Now it has become a necessity.

I can come and go without encountering any neighbours. sad isn't it!? it also means the bully has the upper hand at the moment and continues to hurl abuse at Lee . He knows even if he can not see him if he yells load enough Lee will hear anyway.

Sunday evening.
I am back home after only just making it on time this morning. the report took much more time than i thought and I did not get the time to finish it. After much thought we have decided that sending the report to the police will only make it worse for us.
So I will be keeping out of the way of all neighbours and ignoring any remarks made in future. The neighbours the other side are not much better, so I will be coming and going without seeing any of them where ever possible.


No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...