Thursday, November 15, 2018

We parked easily with room to spare and then found Knaresborough empty of people. I say empty! there were others around but not many. Tuesday in November, and all the tourist attractions are closed as well as most of the waterfront cafes. So happy day! we had it all practically to ourselves.
We walked the fave route to the castle ruins first. part the wall art and gallery in the cobbled square.

We arrived a different way and found some new things I had not noticed before....
This mosaic for a start. Gorgeous isn't it? how had I missed this?
Well we usually walk to the older bit of castle and the ravens first and not come this way.The castle ravens are not here today as the tourist season is now over.....
This is Turner's interpretaion of these ruins.....
And this is how they are today.....
The sun came out and reflected colours over the war memorial......

As we headed past the castle ruins to the steep steps down to the water front.
My favourite thing...light and colour reflected in water....







We walked along the river past all the closed cafes and restaurants until we came to the ultimate house to own in Knaresborough. ....or one of a few I fancy actually.....Then up a very steep cobbled street to the back of the railway station and the church at the top.

" good hip and thigh work out..." stated Lee. I just kept going fast as stopping would be a disaster. It would be impossible for me to start up again on a hill.....
Once at the top I found another painting I had not noticed before.....

Then along to the church where the Christmas trees were just being put up....
More wall art and then into the church...... This one is now becoming a fave. Which is god news as my current fave is closed for modernization. That would be the church in Ilkley near where the white cat sits.
This church is totally beautiful. I see no way for this to be "modernised" so Here it all still is from ages and ages ago.
poppy display for armistice day.....

The Slingsby family effigies....
15/11/2018....and I still have not finished this blog. So I am publishing it just as it is no further messing about with it.








No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...