Thursday, November 8, 2018

Thursday.

No pyjamas this morning. Way too many people talk to me now to be caught in pyjamas out at dawn with no make up. 
I was on the jetty at the tarn this morning taking photos with my Miss Revlon doll in one hand...camera in the other in the quiet early light. No one used to bother. I have been doing this for ages and I got away with out any social activity at all. 
This morning the second old guy from the boat house started talking to me across the water.....

"You 'erd about the swan? any news? only what ah tell yer? eye message 'em a bit later. Let us know what's said eh?"

 I have not heard any more about the injured swan. He is not one of the birds featured on  website of rescues, and I only received a very short message from the rescue hospital that said they did not know if he would be okay..."it depends..." they said. The other news about the swan having stitches under the wings was from the old guy himself.
 So Thursday morning and the mist and odd atmosphere brought on by firework night has cleared.
 The doll today is a Miss Revlon look a like.....sent to me for my birthday from California to live in West Yorkshire with my Yorkshire collection. I have been making her new clothes from a retro pattern I bought on Ebay.
 This morning is fabulous. Not at all like yesterday when I was up at 3am....and making the wedding dress from this pattern. I have been at work and am trying to catch up on all the stuff I actually wanted to do !
 The remaining swans were on the jetty. There is one of the cygnets missing today. He often goes off so I was not too bothered...though I can not see him anywhere.
 Yesterday I was going to come out....but the day never got light! rain, dark skies and mist. We stayed in all day and I made clothes for this doll on a day off with the wood burner. we are out of money again, and I am out of fabric for this dolly wedding dress....it is amazing how much fabric the 1950's styles take up...even in dolly size.
 No more money until Friday.....so I am looking for a free day out, as knaresborough is too far for the amounts of petrol in the car! Horsforth then!.......
This is the first dress to be finished. Black and white gingham....





This one is nearly done too......so a lovely sun rise to start the day and off we go for a doggy walk and ........And? well making up more of the fabrics I already have!

Light the wood burner as that is free and sew. not a bad day at all.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

love the dresses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...