Saturday, November 3, 2018

Fix it.



 Friday morning with a frost at first light which got a lot colder as the sun came up. I walked all the way around the water in the quiet morning. November! Halloween all done and Autumn leaves all brown and shrivelled on the ground.

 Frost and ducks out of the water looking for breakfast. I put on my gloves by this part of the walk. I do not like to wear gloves as I can not work the camera so well.
 I walked slowly this day. No rush. Why was I needing to rush? I wasn't. So I didn't! we have "no money" again, so we are back to going free places. still early yet, so I looked for the swans. There were none this morning yet.
 I went and stood on the jetty from here I could see the whole view of the water. No swans,,,,,

Two Canada geese. There were loads.....I take it that the others have gone to different water. The are migratory birds so I take it that these two are going later than the others. We have heard them honking and flying off towards Otley.......They be back come spring I expect.
 Then in flew the swan who skid landed on the water.....and headed to the boat house where she knows the old guy brings treats at dawn.....
 The cygnets appeared as if by magic and joined her....The male is still at the Swan hospital . I messaged them to ask how he was.
"We do not know at this stage. Depends..." is the message I received back.
 My instinct was that he was going to die. I might be wrong, but I do not think so unfortunately.
 The blooded feathers are all still under the bush where I put them from Halloween dawn before calling the swan rescue. I now just have to accept it as something I can do nothing about.
 The three Jemima ducks were also waiting for the old guys treats. Notices have appeared at both sides of the Tarn. Stating that bread is bad for the birds.
"rubbish is that. these 'uns love it. do yer see dead ducks eh? fed 'em fer years. Rubbish is that..." said the old guys as they spread food and bread onto the water.
The three Jemimas.....
 The little moor hens,,,,,

All was quiet at the tarn for a Friday. People were out with dogs and light up collars....I walked around the water from the bandstand side and encountered very few close up as the dogs were more interested in chasing their lighted up balls....

I went home and made tea then prepared to visit Otley for our Friday forage.

Otley.......We Went to the Chippendale statue this week outside the old Grammar School. We went a different way as I wanted to take my new lap top computer to the experts to make the damn thing work. I bought it new!!! then the damn thing did not have enough memory to update it's self. The guy in the shop had come across this a very lot. He is going to uninstall everything and then install the latest version of windows 10, Lee has tried with it and insisted on telling the owner of the shop all about his expertise
"I want you to do it." I told the guy in the computer shop. "make it work!!!"
 So nearly Seventy pounds sterling I am lighter and I can pick my computer up in four days..
 Thomas Chippendale the great carpenter and furniture maker was born in Otley.
 And he went to school here in what was the old grammar school. It is currently a restaurant.
 From here we walked along in the cold sun....yes chilly it was. Does not look it.....And at the park we found a feeding frenzy of all the birds in the area......
 makes for fabulous photos.....









 Then on to the old court house......We went up stairs to see the police cell.....
This is the staircase going up to the second floor......I can not get this computer to load the other pictures. That dear reader is why I finally paid a techy guy seventy pounds to fix my newer computer.
So with that I will get on with Saturday morning. I have a hankering to go to Knaresborough today.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...