Sunday, November 4, 2018

Bacon sandwiches....HA!!!!!




Monday.....up at 5am and using my new computer. Not only was this one bought new from Argos it has also been reinstalled by a professional computer buff over in Otley. This one is a total wizard and as yet I have no need to threaten it with flinging out of the window or scream like a banshee because it will not up load or whatever.....

I only got one good photo today...and this is it. Dawn light at Yeadon tarn. As I just had to be very quick . I put bacon on to cook before I went out!
The old guys were sat outside the boat house and no they were not having bacon sandwiches this day. mine is cooked and I am munching on it as I tell you the news of the swan.
I found him injured and bleeding after a dog attack on Halloween dawn. I called the swan rescue hospital and they came out and took him for treatment. I thought he would die. The blood and feathers all over were a lot. But no. He has has stitches under both wings and is waiting to heal....The rescuers said that it was not a fox, as foxes are scared of swans and do not go near them. So that leaves us with the bitter knowledge that someone allowed their dog to attack this swan at night and then did nothing about it. The swan put up quite a fight as he was protecting his family. the dog would have had injuries. So someone knows exactly what happened. Or as I suspect there were a few people who set the dog on the swans. I stick by this opinion.

So Monday morning again and I am just about to go out for the day. I would love to stay and work on this 1950's pattern for a Miss Revlon doll.



I bought this from ebay. I have cut out the wedding dress and found a sequined and embroidered top in a junk shop which I have cut up to make parts of the dress.
My other fabrics are laid out....I have some black and white retro fabric, some gingham and some fur for the coat too.....
So this will all be later now.
The old guys asked where my doll was. I usually arrive at dawn with a camera and a doll most mornings. Not to day...I have to be quick.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

oh, I am so glad that the swan will be okay!!!!! and pox to someone who let their dog do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Revlon pattern is so glorious... and perfect for little miss Revlon!!!!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...