Sunday, November 11, 2018

Eleven eleven twenty eighteen.

 Time goes quickly. I am told that time goes by with speed as I get older. It certainly does. Here we are at 11/11/2018 and it is one hundred years ago from Armistice. It is Armistice Sunday.
 Over the last few weeks we have been out and about discovering poppy displays in the area, and today I almost missed dawn....It has come upon me so quickly.
This is the Grove Methodist chapel in Horsforth.
 St Margaret's Horsforth.

 St Peter's Rawdon.



 And Otley All saint's church from my Friday visit yesterday.......
 We went to Otley on Friday as usual but it was really crowded. We could not park in our usual free place and had to pay! as I did not want to rush we had to go back and put more parking fees on the


 car. Pay?? yes I did . 40p too. As I wanted to come back to this church and take more photos.

 We then followed the poppy trail and saw the war memorial has new benches.....
 We did all the other stuff we like to do and went to a science exhibition at the old court house. Here I insisted we buy poppies , as I am working today. this Armistice special hundred years celebration and I needed a poppy.
 Dawn this Sunday morning. I almost missed it. I planned it last night but then did not wake up! I always wake up! not this day.....

This is the doll and the clothes I have been working on and yhis is the shot I wanted this morning.
So I am out for the rest of the day. One hundred years since the guns fell silent on armistice day.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...