Friday, July 31, 2015

Wedding anniversary...Ilkley...and a damn good rummage.......

Now we  are Nine.. We have a wedding anniversary on the 24th July. We wanted to get married on my birthday, which is 22nd July. ....the reasoning was this....the registry office was fully booked. as it was a Saturday...... Bugger. ....so we got married on a Monday instead. The hottest day I have ever encountered in Yorkshire, and we were wearing full marriage regalia! ...... Had a picnic at Kirkstall Abbey, then adjourned to a pub over by the Tong valley.
We were still there at closing time. However...our guests had all gone home. We had to walk from Tong to Pudsey...still in our wedding gear. And yes we were extremely the worse for wear.... Nine years . That would be our "pottery" anniversary.
 I made it back from the pub, wedding shoes in hand, tiara still in place, and with my handbag too. My dress had a long train which I somehow managed to carry too. I think we walked a very long way home from side to side zig zagging along, this made it twice as far...... By then though the sun had gone down, and at least it was cooler....I think!
 SO....

We Got into the rusty old van with Monza the big hairy german sheperd and went to Ilkley for an anniversary rummage and a fat rascal from Betty's tea rooms.
Nine years! where did the time go!?

First we parked up in a quiet place, which is safe for Monza the dog to doze, any other dogs, people, birds come into his vision, he goes into a barking frenzy, which makes the rusty old van rock and roll, so we actually worry that the rust may give way and the van collapse into a heap, of barking metal.....so yes we are quick!
The above photo is a fave building, a bank now...I love the detail......


Then along to Betty's tea rooms to buy fat rascals and have a general drool......


And this is what the journey and drooling is about....Yorkshire Fat rascals. Even when I lived down South....every time I returned home to Yorkshire these were essential to take back with me. ....Now I am back! ....every week I go and look in Betty's window.......dream

We also went to buy loads of gorgeous little haberdashery things to make into christmas presents.....
Followed by all charity shops,......




Then home past the cow and calf rocks.....

One more year. After my cancer diagnosis one more year was a very lot. I still have more surgery to go, and I hope my annual check will not turn up anymore. This is this month. ...a year ago was our wedding anniversary, my birthday and a cancer diagnosis.
 We have hope for yet another year.

1 comment:

Maktub29 said...

I hope everything goes well on your annual check <3 Happy Anniversary and late Birthday :D

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...