Friday, July 31, 2015

A knitting obsession, tea cozy's and potatoes.

 Okay. I admit that I have a knitting obsession. Actually if you really want me to admit everything...I have a Barbie doll collection as well. At this stage of my psychosis I have 200 Barbies. We will not mention the other types of doll I have in my collection as it might complicate this fine issue.
All my knitting patterns come from the internet.......mostly a lovely stickatillbarbie site stuffed full of Barbie Bratz and ABBA patterns to knit for your dolls!!!!!!!!!
fantastic fun. so ....this is my obsession....

 ..How does my madness reveal itself!?.....
 Do I keep it a secret and hide the dolls!?
 Do I knit where no one can find me and hide the wool!?
 Do I hide the knitting in progress when people come to the door!?
 Am I ashamed of my addiction!?
 Do I need help !?
 Should I call the Samaritans!?
 Well....Funny story......Though I did not think so at the time....and it goes like this.....
White haired old lady(that would be me) sitting out on the decking in the sun. Beautiful German Shepherd at her feet , having a doze in the sun.
Suddenly there before the white haired old lady was a very tattooed young guy. flanked by two dog wardens....The dog wardens were two ladies who had been called by the very tattooed young man, as I was keeping a "dangerous dog" .
The dangerous dog was my beautiful Monza.  Monza turned his back upon the visitors .

White haired old lady  told Monza it was okay. Monza remained with his back to the visitors, then went to sleep.

White haired old lady walked over to speak to the visitors, and received a lecture on dog ownership and  responsibilities
 Still holding her knitting. ,whilst Monza dozed she explained that the house and garden had been very well checked out by the place monza was rescued from .
 there would never be a problem so long as Tattooed guy never came into the house or garden.
As far I the white haired old lady was concerned....He would never be invited.

What are you knitting said the dog warden lady....
Barbie clothes ...said the white haired old lady.
Oh she said...I am more of a Sindy girl myself


My next Knitting will be tea cozies.
We also grow potatoes, carrots, beetroot etc. In fact to night after I have started knitting my tea cozies, walked Monza the dog, I will be cooking our home grown potatoes to go with curry and sagaloo.
te he. Do you know...I am 54. I have cancer. I do not care what you think. but I do hope you find a sense of humor. I have. I may not be here....but I will leave some great pieces of knitting for christmas.

2 comments:

polkadothill said...

we .. in California... love your knitting and encourage more of it......as far as busybodies.... maybe you can knit socks to stuff in their mouths......

sallyheatherelizabethtaylor.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

now there is a great idea.

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...