Thursday, July 30, 2015

Otley, pin cushions and effies

This lovely pin cushion was in the window of a fave junk shop. I say "junk shop" it is in fact a treasure trove shop. one person's junk is another's treasure. I know this to be true, as my mum told me. It was one of her little sayings.
This pincushion has a ceramic top and fabric skirt. really I should have bought her...however she is very lovely but not my usual thing. In other words...she is not a Barbie doll.
The same shop also had this distressed chair, again my type of thing...however I can make them myself . From our "a man with a van" business we get stuff like this! and this is how a lot of my finds turn out after an afternoon in the log cabin studio. mostly I keep them.....but anyway....
These doll were in the window of another treasure shop...again, not my thing...but dolls just the same...this type of doll I find a bit creepy. though to the right person they are worth alot.....so on we went.....to get the big dog a big bone. Some exotic sausages...this week we had Otley Dragons and Chilli and chocolate sausages and then on to the charity shops, and a quick stop at the church....
We called in at the church....it is in disaray for cleaning, so I did not go inside to see my fave effigys and went on to the church yard.....

From the old gnarled tree and effigy we went on to the arcade, and then back to rusty the van.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...