Thursday, February 26, 2015

" I know it sounds absurd but please tell me who I am......." a C.V. review.



                          Sally Heather Elizabeth Taylor. BA (hons) fashion and Textiles. 1983.


SO sudenly at the age of 53...really hoping to make it to 54....what the buggery hell is wrong with that!?.........Silly me. I thought I was doing quite well . .....HA! ....as this song plays on the radio.......

                                                                   Logical Song"


When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful,
a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily,
joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible,
logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
clinical, intellectual, cynical.

There are times when all the world's asleep,
the questions run too deep
for such a simple man. (Blond lady..)
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
but please tell me who I am.

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
liberal, fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
acceptable, respecable, presentable, a vegtable!

At night, when all the world's asleep,
the questions run so deep
for such a simple man.....(blond in this case)
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
but please tell me who I am.



                                                               Good old Super Tramp. 












The time has come to face the fact. What fact!? well the fact that I am unemployed. That would be the unemployed kind that has no PAID work. That would be the kind of unemployed that earns no money, receives no benefits and can not pay her mortgage. That would be the kind of unemployed that is considered a liability by father in law.....I can not even mention here what Mother in law would say......                          ...
                                       Posh bitch. got what she deserves......etc etc etc. 
 my blog, facebook and linkin would be taken down if that opinion appeared on the old internet.....
 .........Yes! that old onion again.
 So I went to Job center plus and signed on for my national insurance credits. As this is all I qualify for, this is all I claimed.

                                   I have been trying for a paid job since October.

 October was in retrospect a bit ambitious, but needs must.       
 In October I had just about got back on my feet, and could walk as far as the bus stop. Most days I fell asleep on the sofa by 4pm. 
Even so I did not think it would be this hard to get a job.

                         So a CV review was performed. I have made a fundamental mistake with my CV!                                                                  
                           It is all true.....NOW   ........ There is an admission . 

Privately educated with a degree in Fashion and Textiles, a lot of retail experience, ...by that I mean the big names ....Marks and Spencer, House of Fraser, Past times, British Home Stores.....what haven't I sold!? well I can tell you this...I have sold men's knickers, make up, jewelery, pins, needles, teapots, shoes, handbags, sewing machines....(okay so it was someone in a concession who sold these in one of my departments) ........I was the manager!
other things include....Noddy dolls, fairies, moon gazing hares, art nouveau mirrors, clothes on a market stall, 
junk...that would be other peoples junk becoming someone new's treasure kinda junk......

my esteemed CV currently states that I am a self employed artist....and that I bought my husband a business. www.vanandaman.co.uk  
   
 This was true up until July last year when I was diagnosed with Breast cancer.  My CV does not mention this, and I am well advised to be economical with the truth........ I have left it as artist. a doll artist in fact. An artist who makes and designs raggy dolls and collects "vintage dolls" such as BARBIE! 

So I am A privately educated 53 year old lady with a degree in Fashion, self employed as an artist with a collection of Barbie dolls.
There are three things here that should be removed........just three!!!? yep.
Private education..........a real NO no..................... So that was a waste of mummy's efforts then. 

Degree. ...play it down or remove...........................three years wasted getting that one then....

Barbie collection!? is a no too.

                        Good job I never mentioned the Monster High dolls and Bratz then.

 Oh and by the way I also have some ElizabethTaylor dolls...........

Oh and dates....like of birth are not added. And o levels.....they give away age...


...


























So what does a 53 hoping to be 54 woman do!?......well firstly I went and bought some more BARBIES in charity shops. then I volunteered in a junk shop for charity. 

the fact that my house can be repossessed by the mortgage company, and noone will employ me for a wage.....yeh I would say life is good. at least I have one. Last year I was looking at the insides of a coffin for all eternity. so now real life......
looking at being homeless. anyone want 200 barbies, a collection of monster high and a german sheperd dog...who loves me only!?


No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...