Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday. STILL raining.

Friday morning. It is still raining. I put the washing out on Tuesday and it is still there. I thought it would dry eventually when the rain stopped. Only the rain has not stopped has it? It is towels and stuff from the back of Rusty van that we accumulated..
There was no decent sun rise so I fiddled with yesterday's blog searched e bay checked on things to do in Ilkley and offered to take Monza out in the mist and rain. Monza was not interested at all.
i drank loads of tea until it became a normal hour.
.then  rain or not we went out in Fonz car with Monza. Some things can not be missed.
 First to the old grave yard in the drizzle.As we got damper and damper monza slowed down. we aborted our walk mission and went back to the Fonz. Here is todays photo. The people who come every day in the white car and sit by their grave were just leaving. who ever they are they are in that same spot every day......Lee says he has seen them on later dog walks as well. I have never been able to get close to see who they are sitting by.....mind you they very likely think I am strange too.


 We left shopping bags and phone chargers in the kitchen. I forgot to pick them up. So we went on to Ilkley without. I wanted to go and find some standing stones on Ilkley moor. The weather was not very friendly as far as this idea goes so we parked up by Boyes department store. we toured the church manor house and charity shops in the drizzle.
I took loads of photos in the church, as there are plans afoot to modernise it. the lovely old pews are to go and be replaced by chairs. in other words and looking at the plans on the wall the church is to be brought up to date like Otley. I do not like it, but there is nothing I can do about it.
 We walked over to the manor house and discovered a beautiful white cat. I want a white cat now.
 
then Betty's tea rooms where there was an accordion playing busker.........charity shops only had expensive  junk and I only found two old Bratz  dolls to rescue

we tried. but these were all we came up with today. So we set off to try and find the "swastika stone"


We did not find the stone . we did find a fabulous new walk for Monza. A beautiful lonely spot.







 
It was still raining. We checked out the spot but decided not to get any more wet and muddy. I of course had dressed for a walk in the woods...all white........


 
 

a good doggy day. Home we went. I cooked Monza a fabulous dinner...liver and kidney served with dog crunchy.


My next day off is Tuesday so the mission is to find the swastika stone. there is a path through the woods leading to the moor where this ancient carved stone lives.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...